ArcSite offers a number of ways of removing objects from the canvas.
This article covers Deleting and Trimming. While there is currently no explicit Erase tool, you can accomplish the same goal using one or both of the other options.
- Select one or more objects you want to delete. For details on selection see - selection modes
- At the bottom left of the canvas, you will see a Delete icon that when tapped will delete the current selected object(s)
ArcSite's Trim feature allows you to remove sections of an object.
- Select 2nd to bottom icon on right side toolbar
- Drag across the segment or object you want trimmed
- As you are dragging, the segment that will be trimmed will appear in red
- Once you lift your finger/stylus, it will be gone
A common question heard is "How do I cut down an existing wall so I can place a window/ door in it?
Using the Trim tool (described above) you can cut out any part of a line / object. Shown below is an example of how by adding two quick bisecting lines, you have formed an middle area that can now be "erased" simply by using the Trim tool. Shown area before and after the operation
You can undo one to multiple previous operations by tapping on the Undo arrow that appears in the top left corner of the canvas.