This article contains
- An overview video of the whole process
- A series of links that cover each of the individual steps taken
Links to Each Step
- Create a Project - You have a number of options up front. This video discusses starting from scratch, but you can also start with a PDF or start with an image/photo as the background or even pushed directly out from AutoCAD
- Setting Grid Options from the Settings Panel
- Using the Pen Tool
- Set a Drawing Scale
- Manually Specify a Length or Angle or Relative Distance
- Creating Measurements onscreen (Length, Angle, Area) - Manually or Automatically
- Reusable Shapes - Creating and Using them. That link also shows how you can specify a specific size to have them always appear at. Here shows breaking them shapes apart once onscreen so that you can change it to your current need.
- Text Options - Shows how to add text to the canvas.
- Embed and Markup photos as opposed to just putting an image in the background OR starting a drawing with a Photo/Image as the background
- There are 2 ways to select multiple objects at once
- Once you have one or more objects selected, there are a whole series of things you can do to them. Here are a few called out specifically - Move, duplicate, mirror, color fill, get a quick area and cumulative length, save as a reusable shape, group or ungroup
- Create and use forms, so that at the end of the visit, you will have the visual plan, the photos and any form data all as a single deliverable
- Before you export, you might need to make text all the same size for better legibility
- Then upload your work to the ArcSite cloud account, to have a backup and so that others that are Collaborators ( folks who can work or just view the work) get notified.
- Alternately you can simply export directly out of the app