Creating a site diagram and collecting the required data is tough work. Taking all of that collected information and trying to reuse and incorporate it back at the office is just as hard for others reasons.
ArcSite takes the approach of combining those separate workflows into one, allowing you to create a comprehensive set of information, both the visual and the Excel list to provide a total picture of your survey work.
The video and the steps below show you how by simply drawing a picture, you end up with a full set of deliverables, from a visual mapping, to an Excel of objects, and a set of related site photos.
Here are the individual steps show in the overview video above
- Open up your existing PDF and scale it by defining one known distance
- Draw the site that is there (The Draw tool, Shapes, and Layers)
- Add Shapes to help speed up the drawing process and to show the location and type of items found onsite
- Add Measurements (one at a time or in bulk)
- Add site photos - Adding marked up site photos will allow you to always "remember" this project
- Markup with Text and Mark up Shapes
- Use forms to collect overall site information
- Get you work out of the app (and into the next app or persons hands) with uploading to the ArcSite cloud account and or exporting directly out of the app.
What to do next?
The next thing most folks want to do is to try it out for themselves. We can help you to do so in a number of ways:
- Reach out here firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1 (888) 266-1843. We can work with you to either turn on some some demo content or by bringing in some of your own, into the tool.
- Read about how Jeff Crain uses ArcSite for his Fire Inspections
- Read more about setting up your own environment with More about ArcSite Products and/or More about ArcSite Takeoffs.