- A complex drawing is not updating
- Uploading to the ArcSite cloud account
#1 - A complex drawing is not updating
First set of Symptoms
- After changing the length of one line, does it take awhile to change other "related' lines?
- Is your drawing changing in unexpected ways after you specify a length?
The first potential “Issue”:
ArcSite has a feature called "Smart Dimensioning".
When ON, and you change the length of one part of a connected object, the app will automatically adjust all related lines.
While this is useful in many cases, it can also create unexpected results in others.
If you have a complex connected shape, it can do two things you may not want.
- It can change other related lines in ways you wouldn't have wanted / expected
- It can take a while to finish, as it works through all the possible ways it can change
You can simple turn off this feature in the Settings panel (4th icon on top right toolbar).
The 2nd potential issue
Unfortunately the iPad devices have somewhat limited hardware. What can happen is that when "too much" information is presented on screen all at once, it can take a while to display it all.
Solutions for 2nd issue
Given this limitation there are several ways you can better manage the display issue.
- Use Layering - You can separate different parts of the drawing on different layers. Then if there is a currently unneeded section, you can turn off that layer and the device will no display it.
Create shapes - A large number of lines actually takes up more space than if those lines were converted into a reusable shape. Converting sections into shapes could then reduce the load on the device. You can always break a shape apart if you need to edit it again.
Uploading to the ArcSite Cloud Account
- A drawing does not seem to be uploading. The uploading icon just continues to spin.
- As the ArcSite cloud account needs to use an internet connection, the first thing to check is that you currently have a reliable connection. This tends to be the most common reason for issues of this sort.
- If there a large number of photos added to the drawing, the upload time can be significant, again depending on your available upload speeds